Please check your child's Google Classroom/D2L as of Monday, November 7 to connect your child with their classroom teachers as we begin to navigate towards synchronous remote learning. During this time in remote learning, attendance is required and will be taken daily. It is important that you contact the school to report your child’s absence. At this time, we do not have a scheduled return date but as soon as we hear we will let families know.
- In terms of technology, students from Gr. 1-12 already have a device assigned to them and it should be at your home already. If you require a device for your child in Kindergarten, or a student in Gr. 1-12 needs to pick up their device, please reach out to your school principal.
- Mental Health Supports are available. If you require support please visit our Mental Health and Well Being support page where you can connect with a member of our mental health team and find resources available to you and your family.
- Please see our BGCDSB Digital Best Practices Document to support you and your child during remote learning.
- Sacred Heart Teeswater Virtual Elementary School will operate as per its regular schedule.
- The Before and After school programs will be closed as well. The Brockton Child Care and Wooden Hill Child Care Centres (pre-school programs) will remain open.
This is an evolving situation and, as such, we will continue to provide information as it is available through email, social media channels, and the “CUPE Work Action Update'' section of the board web page bgcdsb.org/labour_update. Please continue to monitor for our updates.
For the Bruce-Grey Catholic District School Board, this withdrawal of service by our CUPE Staff includes our Educational Assistants, Custodians, Office Administrators, Early Childhood Educators, Library Technicians, IT Field Technicians, and CUPE staff at our Catholic Education Centre. This comprises approximately 420 permanent and casual employees (about 41% of our staff).
We continue to pray that we will see a resolution soon.
Be Safe and Be Well,
Director of Education
Lori Di Castri
Chair of the Board of Trustees